PS Engineering has prides itself as the innovative leader in aircraft audio control systems, and the engineers there have once again brings utility to the cockpit while reducing the wire clutter in the cockpit.
Check list of capabilities:
- IntelliVox® automatic VOX system with individually gated microphones
- Bluetooth® enabled allowing up to two devices to be connected simultaneously
- 3-Com capability
- 6 – Place hi-fi stereo intercom with Soft Mute™
- Monitor Mode allows automatic muting of non-primary radio
- 4 – music mute modes: Mute On, Mute Off, Radio Mute, Intercom Mute
- Dedicated front panel music volume control
- Built-in Marker Beacon Receiver
- Cellular telephone Bluetooth connection only. No hard wire inputs
- Easy front panel control for telephone side tone on/off
- Digital aircraft radio recorder (IRS™)
- Front panel utility jack for iPod, iPad or unswitched audio warnings
- Split mode for dual audio panel capability
- 2 – Differential, hi-fidelity stereo music source inputs (no ground loop noise)
- 3 – Isolation modes – Pilot Isolate, All, and Crew
- 5 – unswitched inputs, with front panel unswitched input
- Selectable music distribution for passengers
- Selectable intercom mode with special “Alternate Intercom Mode”
- RAM (Radio Active Mute) eliminates constant back ground noise from radio static
- 3-year Pro-Support Warranty
The front-mounted, 2.5mm multipurpose jack give pilots unprecedented access to their audio panel, allowing connections to portable music devices and audio announcements directly into the audio panel.
Connect any Bluetooth® enabled phone into the audio panel for unprecedented amount of flexibility, both for phone calls as well as music streaming. It may also be possible to connect two different Bluetooth® devices at the same time.
The Pilot can make a private phone call, everyone can be on the phone, or just the pilot and copilot can use the telephone. This selection is made by the ISO, ALL and Crew switch.
Front panel control of telephone sidetone will allow the pilot to quickly turn on or off the internal sidetone generator specifically for the telephone interface.
Three different configurations can be selected from the front panel, such as how the music is distributed, the way the intercom functions, and selecting the new Monitor Function. Once a particular configuration is selected, a female voice announces that selection and will remain in affect until the pilot changes that selection. No audio panel from any manufacturer offers this kind of flexibility.
The Monitor mode is probably the most significant, single product improvement that has been made to the PMA8000B since it was introduced 3 years ago. This new function allows the pilot to designate one com radio as primary, while having the second com as the secondary audio source. When there is radio activity on the primary radio, the secondary com radio will temporarily mute. The Monitor mode will change your IFR approach environment, eliminating having to try to decipher two simultaneous radio receptions
While using the phone, the pilot can receive and transmit on the selected VHF COM, for seamless integration in the cockpit. (Cellular telephone use in flight is not permitted, but remains a convenient and safe way to contact air-traffic control or a weather briefer while on the ground.)
PS Engineering’s innovative Internal Recording System (IRS™) is now standard equipment, a $130 savings! The pilots can instantly play back radio messages, eliminating the need for the pilot to request “say again,” or assure themselves that the last radio call was for them. The playback button is on the front panel. Up to 8 messages can be recorded and played back in sequence.
The new PMA8000C is backward compatible with our PMA8000 as well as a direct replacement for the GARMIN GMA340.